Thursday, June 19, 2008

T-Shirt(s) of the Day

OK...since I didn't post one yesterday I promised to post two today and here they are.

First up is a shirt from one of my favorite beer companies, Flying Dog Brewery. I bought this T-Shirt last year at Brewgrass Beer Festival in Asheville, NC. All of the Flying Dog beers have labels designed by longtime Hunter S. Thompson collaborator Ralph Steadman. I've been a longtime fan of both HST and of Steadman's artwork, and the mixture of good beer and good art is very appealing to me. Gonzo Imperial Porter is a 9% ABV beer and it's one of the better high gravity beers I've tried. When I saw this shirt I had to get it. You get three pictures on this one so you can see the detail a little better. And you can tell I've worn it quite a bit in the past year as the screen print is already cracking. Definitely one of my favorite shirts!






Next up is a T-Shirt recently purchased for me by my very good friend The Chick. She bought it during a recent trip she made to Wilmington, NC and I have no idea of what store it came from. I do however really like this shirt since it pretty much sums up the way I feel about our current Commander in Chief. She knows me very well and I am forever grateful for her friendship and for the awesome T-Shirt. Thanks!

1 comment:

The Chick said...

It came from Loose Lucy's in Wilma. They had all kinda crazy Deadhead shirts, incense, hemp products....you know the deal. Even though I was a little bit tipsy whilst shopping, I immediately knew it must be purchased for the Great MikeHell!!!